2 slices – whole wheat bread/brown bread
2 tablespoons – onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon – capsicum, finely chopped
2 tablespoons – cheddar/mozzarella cheese, chopped or grated
1 teaspoon – green chillies, finely chopped
2 teaspoons – butter
1 pinch – salt
1.Mix together the onion, capsicum, cheese, green chillies and salt.
2. Melt 1 teaspoon butter on a hot griddle or toaster/griller. Reduce the flame immediately and spread the melted butter to grease the griddle.
3. Place one slice bread on the butter. Spread the onion-cheese mixture on it. Cover it with the other slice of bread.
4. Use a metal plate or lid to press down on the sandwich for a few seconds. Then just leave the plate on it till the lower side of the sandwich has been toasted well.
5. Lift the metal plate, spread 1 teaspoon butter on the upper slice. The butter will glide easily and get absorbed immediately as the slice is hot.
6. Flip the sandwich and toast the other side, without covering it.
7. Cut the sandwich into two/four pieces and enjoy with ketchup, chutney or as is.